By Hari Singh Nalwa, Foreword by Richard E. Smalley
By Philipp H. Pattberg, Fariborz Zelli
The Encyclopedia of world Environmental Governance and Politics surveys the wide diversity of environmental and sustainability demanding situations within the rising Anthropocene and scrutinizes on hand techniques, methodological instruments, theories and methods, in addition to overlaps with adjunct fields of analysis.
This entire reference paintings, written by means of the most eminent lecturers within the box, includes sixty eight entries on various facets throughout 7 thematic parts, together with suggestions and definitions; theories and strategies; actors; associations; issue-areas; cross-cutting questions; and overlaps with non-environmental fields. With this extensive procedure, the amount seeks to supply a pluralistic wisdom base of the study and perform of world environmental governance and politics in instances of elevated complexity and contestation.
Providing its readers with a distinct element of reference, in addition to stimulus for extra study, this Encyclopedia is an quintessential instrument for a person attracted to the politics of our surroundings, relatively scholars, academics and researchers.
Contributors: K.W. Abbott, C. Adelle, L. Andonova, S. Andresen, W.F. Baber, okay. Bäckstrand, R.V. Bartlett, I. Baud, S. Bauer, S. Beck, M. Beisheim, D. Benson, S. Bernstein, ok. Biedenkopf, F. Biermann, ok. sales space, U. model, P.-O. Busch, S. Chan, okay. Chelminski, J. Clapp, D. Compagnon, D. Cordell, V. Cornelissen, E. Dellas, S. Dietz, R. Eckersley, R. Floyd, D.J. Frank, V. Galaz, ok. Genskow, S. Godin-Beekman, A. Gupta, J. Gupta, R. Haluza-DeLay, A. Hironaka, M. Isailovic, M. Ivanova, A. Jerneck, okay. Jönsson, A. Jordan, S. Karlsson-Vinkhuyzen, M. Kok, A. Kronsell, M. Lang, S. Lim, J. Lister, okay. Magyera, A. Mert, D. Moran, G. Nagtzaam, T. Nielsen, M. Nilsson, C. Okereke, T. Oliver, L. Olsson, P.H. Pattberg, J. Pinkse, A. Prakash, O. Renn, ok. Rosendal, M.A.F. Ros-Tonen, D. Rothe, E. Schofer, B. Siebenhüner, N. Simon, J. Stel, H. Stevenson, O.S. Stokke, okay. Szulecki, M.W.Tvedt, A. Underdal, T. Van de Graaf, D. Van Vuuren, P. Vellinga, P. Wapner, E. Weinthal, J. Wettestad, S. White, O. Widerberg, F. Zelli
By Amit Baran Sharangi
The booklet "Encyclopaedia of Horticulture and Allied phrases" is a humble try and carry the entire very important and similar phrases togeter and to outline each one time period with utmost care, accuracy and completeness to supply a rational figuring out that is comfortably available for the scholars, academics, novice gardeners, company sectors, and all execs linked to Horticulture. The ebook comprises the wide and numerous components of Agriculture, Horticulture, Botany, Plant Pathology, Entomology, Genetic Engineering, Soil technological know-how, Chemistry, Farm administration, Economics, Sociology, statistics, medication, Agricultural Engineering, Agrometorology, and so forth more often than not and Pomology, Olericulture, Spices, Tea, espresso, Rose, Wine, publish Harvest know-how, Processing, Bonsai, Flower association, Pollen/Spore, insecticides, Manures/Fertilizers, Natural/Synthetic chemical substances, tools/ Implements/ instruments, caliber administration, Water, and so on specifically.
Tracing advancements in toy making and advertising around the evolving panorama of the twentieth century, this encyclopedia is a complete reference advisor to America's most well liked playthings and the tradition to which they belong.
• approximately 2 hundred alphabetically prepared entries record the historic and cultural importance of toys
• Cross-references and a list of extra assets accompany each one access and inspire extra research
• photos and illustrations accrued from private and non-private collections around the nation depict the complete century of the United States at play
• A consultant to similar issues identifies the entries in accordance with broader different types similar to toys, designers, businesses, museums, occasions, and organizations
• A source advisor presents info for contacting American toy businesses, getting access to nationwide toy museums, and attending annual toy fairs, and gives many avenues for pursuing additional information regarding toys and American tradition together with books, scholarly journals, audio recordings, motion pictures, and websites
Mark M. Boatner's "Encyclopedia of the yank Revolution, " the 1st entire, authoritative, one-volume reference paintings on American background from 1763 to 1783, exhibits an analogous mastery of fabric that lent contrast to the author's "Civil warfare Dictionary."
By Stephen J. Sansweet, Pablo Hidalgo, Bob Vitas, Daniel Wallace
THE DEFINITIVE REFERENCE advisor TO an area delusion PHENOMENONThe famous person Wars universe, very like our personal, is continually increasing. within the ten years because the ebook of the big name Wars Encyclopedia, much has occurred in that galaxy some distance, far-off: 4 new characteristic movies, a bunch of legitimate unique novels, comics, games, and extra. Now, thirty years of data on all issues celebrity Wars–ranging from technology and expertise to background and geography, tradition and biography to ecology and cosmology–has been supplemented with a whole decade’s worthy of all-new fabric. Abundantly illustrated with full-color art and photographs, and now in a brand new three-volume version to house its wealth of unique entries, the famous person Wars Encyclopedia encompasses the entire degree of George Lucas’s creation.Here’s only a sampling of what’s inside:• personality pix of either the popular (Luke Skywalker, Queen Amidala, Darth Vader) and the imprecise (Tnun Bdu, Tycho Celchu, Bib Fortuna)• the natives and customs of planets as different as Tatooine and Hoth, Dagobah and Kashyyyk• the rituals, secrets and techniques, and traditions of Jedi Knights and Sith Lords• a timeline of significant occasions in megastar Wars heritage, from the Clone Wars and the inception of the Empire to the increase and fall of Anakin Skywalker and the invasion of the titanic Yuuzhan VongScrupulously researched and written by way of major specialists Stephen J. Sansweet, Pablo Hidalgo, Bob Vitas, and Daniel Wallace, this landmark paintings is the must-have centerpiece of each superstar Wars library.
The so much exhaustive reference paintings to be had in this severe topic in global background, targeting the politics, financial system, tradition, and society of either colonizers and colonized.
• six hundred entries overlaying ideologies, religions, idea, geography, imperial international locations, colonies, colonized areas, ethnic teams, members, and treaties
• Contributions from a world crew of educational specialists in heritage, political technology, economics, sociology, and different social sciences
• a set of records representing each one imperial energy in addition to basic resources on the subject of a number of empires and components of the area to supply a deeper figuring out of the techniques of colonialism, which encompassed nearly the whole globe
• huge chronologies of assorted imperial empires (Austro-Hungarian, Belgian, British, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Italian, jap, Ottoman, Portuguese, Spanish, Swedish, Russian, and usa) offer context for the various entries
By Robert C. Evans, Patricia Gantt